PACKING LIST FOR HUNTERS
Non residents traveling into New Zealand require an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA). Application for an ETA is a simple 10 minute online process. Use this link to access the Immigration NZ ETA information and application web page:
We recommend you pay the International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL) at the same time as your NZ ETA.
HUNTERS’ RECOMMENDED CLOTHING, EQUIPMENT, FIREARMS
CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT:
- Waterproof outer Gore-Tex coat and over trousers (preferably both camouflage in mid-dark green colourations)
- Comfortable hunting jacket (camouflage preferred)
- One sweater
- Warm hunting shirt/s
- Warm long trousers and light weight trousers (camouflage preferred)
- Thermal underwear
- Light weight shirt
- Sturdy well broken trekking boots essential and shoes or slippers for lodge wear
- Warm socks (several pairs)
- Sun hat or peaked cap, sunglasses, warm hat and gloves
- Casual clothes for evening wear in the lodge
- Personal effects, toiletries and medications
- Small backpack (optional)
- Hearing protection and shooting glasses.
- Quality binoculars in 10×40 or similar are essential, range finder optional.
- Rifle in .270 to .375 calibre range topped with a scope, along with 40 rounds of appropriate ammunition. Lodge loan rifles 30.06 Sauer and custom Mauser actioned 308 complete with Zeiss 3.5 – 10x scopes and ammunition are available upon request.
Note: Manuka Point Lodge has full laundry facilities available to all guests. So you will be able to do your own laundry while you are here. Or arrange to have your laundry done for you.
Do you have any questions about hunting in New Zealand or at Manuka Point?